Here are answers to 8 FAQs about doing grad school applications, plus an example SOP!
I applied to 11 schools. Few Ivy Leagues, few middle tiers, few "safe" schools.
2. How do I decide which schools to apply to?
For this, consider 2 things:
A. Research area
3. How much does it cost to apply to graduate school?
4. What is the GRE like?
5. What kind of grades do I need to get into graduate school?
A's and B's
6. Do I need to double or triple major?
I double majored in Physics and Chemistry and minored in Math and Music, and learned the hard way that that was crazy and I should slow down.
Learn what you can, while doing your best, and you will have a chance to learn what you couldn't learn later.
7. What makes a strong graduate school application?
8. Who should write my letters?
Not professors that taught you one class and don't remember you.
Your chance of getting into graduate school is greatly amplified if you conducted undergraduate research with a professor that knows someone at the school you are applying for graduate school.
Good luck and post your comments and questions below!!